Monday, November 5, 2007

Day Off

It's my day off, and I almost went in to church. A handy man was doing some work for us and I almost went in to supervise, but then realized it would by my umpeenth Monday going in "for just a few hours." So instead I did a little work on the car (new wipers and headlights) and watched DVR'd football. I saw the New England comeback last night, but the Sunday night game of the Eagles vs. the Cowboys had to wait until today. Both games had the outcome I wanted, so that was pleasing.

I picked up Betsy at the airport Sunday night without incident. She had a good trip seeing her family. I was very happy to see her coming home. While I waited for her to get through customs, I noted the remarkably similar attitude of all the people coming through the International Arrivals checkpoint: a mixture of exhausting and relief. So I picked her up and brought her home. Anna had prepared a nice supper of pork roast and potatoes.

Betsy encountered a surprise when she came into our bedroom--a kitten named James. I adopted James while Betsy was out of town. He's an adorable 4 month-old "Domestic Medium Hair" tabby (white and brown). I'll post a picture in tomorrow's blog. I got him at the Toronto Animal Shelter. It's a much better facility than I expected. The cats their have much better life than I thought thanks to the tons of volunteers that come in shifts to play with and groom the cats. Denise is still getting used to "the intruder," but I think they'll work it out soon. They spent the first 3 1/2 days separated, but I decided to turn them loose on each other today. Denise still hisses when the kitten gets within 5 feet, but neither wants a fight, so I think it will work out okay. But I know that both want to sleep in our bed with us, so that will be an interesting challenge tonight!

-t

No comments: