Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Recent Article About the Mt. Calvary Fire

The LA Times ran an article about the loss of the Mt. Calvary Monastery of the Order of the Holy Cross. The reporter actually interviewed me briefly for it, though nothing I said made it into the piece. He got my name from googling the fire and finding my blog. I think the advent of blogging probably makes it much easier for reporters to find people saying interesting things about current events. Anyway... it's descent snapshot of the current situation. I was especially interested to see that Kathleen Norris is doing a reading to raise money. I'm currently working my way (slowly) through her latest book: Acedia and Me.

It's a good book, though I'll wait to review it until I'm finished. Anyway, I'm glad that Norris is getting involved to help out.

I'm curious to see what the Order decides to do. Lots of moving pieces to this problem. Money, people, mission priorities, etc. I know the feeling of staring this kind of wide-open reality in the face! What do you do when you can do anything?

-t

No comments: