Sunday, March 17, 2013

Leaflet: Lent 5 2013

Here is the leaflet for the 5th Sunday of Lent, 2013.

Usually I cut and paste (with attribution) the margin notes on the biblical passages. This time, however, I did write my own one-paragraph commentary on Psalm 126. That has always been one of my favourite Psalms--perhaps because it's one of the Psalms including in the American BCP version of Noonday Prayer. I find it very poignant and think it resonates with many people's longings to return. Return to a better time, return to themselves, a return home. For a while I actually had these words posted in my office when I did social work in Los Angeles, until my boss removed them. She said, understandably, that a secular social service agency couldn't be hanging bible quotes on the walls. Oops.

No comments: