Friday, February 23, 2007

You Tube Binge

Yesterday I ended up spending a good hour or two productively trolling You Tube for Anglican/Episcopal Content. I ended up finding the most amazing and entertaining stuff. In particular, I recommend the following...


OK, that last one wasn't church related, but it's still pretty awesome. What I love about all of these is that they really speak against the unfortunate misconception that Christianity is untrue, irrelevant, and boring. Far from it, and cudos to those folks for showing it so.

Two other things to mention to the blog-o-sphere: Parkdale Deanery and the U2charist. The Parkdale Deanery, which is a group of seven Anglican Churches in downtown Toronto, is working hard to reorganize and regroup after years of slow decline. Check out our website at www.parkdaledeanery.ca. It was coded by yours truly.

A U2charist is basically a modern language Eucharist with the music of U2. The money raised has to go to some charity (other than the church). It's pretty awesome and is becoming popular in Episcopal circles south of the 49th Parallel. Now it's spreading to the UK and Canada. I'm working with a couple of other folks in the Diocese of Toronto to pull one off here. Stay tuned to find out more.

That's it for today's update. I have to rush off to me singing lesson. (You would be taking singing lessons, too, if you had to do as much liturgical singing as I do here!)
-t

No comments: