Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Beer

Beer is on my mind. This weekend Betsy and I bought a bunch of beer making equipment off of Craigslist. I've been wanting to try brewing for a while, and this Craigslist deal was just too good to resist. Included in the deal was two fermentation chambers (called "Carboys"), a lot of bottles, and sundry pieces of equipment like vapour locks and pots for boiling "wort."

So much for the software, now I just need to get the software: mainly just malt, yeast, and hops! With any luck I can get a batch going this weekend. It will need to ferment for a few weeks before I can bottle it, but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Perhaps when Ontario Apple Season gets into full swing I'll make some hard cider!

-t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dreaming of the day we can drink the beer or cider while listening to tunes through the amplifier. What a talented husband I have!