Friday, April 2, 2010

Maundy Thursday

It's 12.32 AM and I'm taking a little break at home before going back to church to take the youth group on a cross walk around the neighbourhood. Right now they are sitting vigil, but in a little while they'll pickup a processional cross and we'll do stations of the cross around the 'hood. This was something they started on their own last year, and I'm happy to continue it.

What an incredible liturgy this was tonight. I hardly know how to summarize it. It was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes on several occasions. We had the tables in a giant U. The eucharist was being passed around, person-to-person, and I looked at my people and felt such love. I saw the love that they felt for each other, too. This is what the eucharist is about. Jesus said, "do this"'-and we do. But I'm not sure if I have felt closer to what he intended than I did tonight. Wow.

I'm gonna be posting about tonight for a while. I pride myself on having helped create some amazing liturgies, but tonight's was up there with some of the best I've ever been apart of. Wow.

-t

No comments: