Friday, February 26, 2010

Anglican Church of Canada Calendar Part II

A few days ago I posted a link to an online version of the the Anglican Church of Canada's Calendar. I decided to split the Calendar between Sundays/Principal Feasts in one Calendar and Holy Days/Memorials/Commemorations in the other. Why? Because the lesser feasts and fasts might be a little too much information for many people. So this way you can choose to have just the Sundays and Principal Feasts or the whole thing. So.... Here's the link to Holy Days, Memorials, and Commorations....

I'm basing this on McCausland's Ordo, incidentally. So if you need more detail, like what the readings are, I suggest you pick up a copy of the Ordo at the Anglican Book Centre. If there is a mistake in my data entry into the Ordo--please let me know and I'll correct it.

If you are using an electronic calendar programme like Outlook or iCal or a Blackberry, you can "subscribe" to this and other calendars. It's one of the best aspects of these kinds of calendar. For instance, when I look at my iPhone calendar I see my personal, confidential calendar as well as the schedule of liturgies and events at COTM, Canadian Civic Holidays, and now the church calendar. Cool.



So now all you Anglicans can see the liturgical calendar superimposed on whatever electronic appointment calendar you use. The rest of you can print out blank calendars with this information if that your desire (see the little print icon?).

Cheers!

-t

No comments: