Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Turning the Tide: From Charity to Advocacy in Ontario

What are Anglicans doing about poverty in Ontario? This video was Executive Produced by Murray MacAdam for the Diocese of Toronto's Social Justice and Advocacy Committee to answer that question. It was Produced, Directed, and Edited by Tim Harry. My only contribution was to look at it a few times in the process and make suggestions about technical stuff like audio and color balance, etc. I think Tim (and, by extension, me) learned yet more about working with clients like the Diocese. For its part, the various people in the Diocese are learning more about how to produce videos like this one.

I am very proud of it. I think Murray and his team and Tim did a fantastic job. Probably the best video our Diocese has done to date. Note the terrific job done by Judy Maddren--who is the mother of my friend Jeremy Elliot. Many other volunteered their time and talents, as well, including Fiona Ryan (Messiah's Minister of Music) and even Charles Waterman (a Messiah Warden) contributed!

It's very good, and I feel like Tim has really showed us something about what he can do as he stepped up his game considerably with the challenge of this project!

No comments: