Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Advisory Board

Today felt very productive. I managed to answer a lot of e-mails and even a few phone calls. I also attended what amounts to five services! And managed to attend the first Advisory Board meeting of the new Board. It went very well, which is a relief. In the mean time I've got plenty of my plate.

At the Annual Vestry meeting a few weeks ago I took the position that SMM doesn't need an Associate Priest. I'm starting to doubt my conclusions in that report. I do have an important ministry at SMM, but it doesn't look how I think it should. So perhaps I need the humility to recognize that God has me doing a good thing even if it is done in an unexpected way. I suppose I need someone outside of myself to convince me of that.

Anyway, it's all very confusing. I need to do some serious discernment. I think that means a trip to Holy Cross Monastery, NY. But when? Before Holy Week, I guess. That means I need to map out my time between now and then and simply pick a date. That means turning down other projects, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

-t

No comments: