Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fundraising

I just met with the chair of the new Fundraising Committee for the church. Over coffee at Starbucks in the trendy Yorkville neighborhood we formulated our plan for fundraising. Phase I is a mailer going out this weekend to ask for money to pay for the mural--mainly this is an appeal to parishioners. Phase II will begin to look at the people who aren't parishioners, but have a strong connection to this place of one sort or another--that's next week. Meanwhile, we are going to hone in on the campaigns driving themes and image. We need a title for the campaign as well as specific, measurable goals. We also need promotional material! So lots of stuff to do.

The most important part of this is that I have someone to help. I'm incredibly thankful to God for giving me someone to head up this effort. I prayed for some help and God sent me someone--someone with experience! Weird how that works. Always a surprise, for some reason, when God answers prayers. Thus I'm feeling less anxious today than I was a few days ago! Yippee!

-t

2 comments:

Felicity Pickup said...

Fundraising? Boy-oh-boy, that's going to get you some cranky feedback! Always easier to contribute criticism than money or labour.

Tay Moss said...

True. On the other hand, if the campaign is done right people will feel really good about giving. The key is that the campaign NOT become a mandate on how people feel about the personalities involved. -t