Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada Day



Started my Canada day saying Mass. There was another first-time visitor. My, my, that service seems to be suddenly growing, now, little by little. All the more reason not to suspend it while I'm away. Right now I'm trying to find the right priest to do it for me while I'm away.

after that was the usual e-mail and errands, then a lunch meeting with the Stewardship Committee. it was a very enjoyable time, actually, sitting on the deck of my favourite pub and talking about a lot of things beyond the stewardship campaign. Back to the church for a little while and then sailing.

The wind was light, so the sailing was far from nail biting, but it was pleasant weather to be on a boat in the Inner Harbour. Lots of other people had similar ideas about how to spend the holiday.

I really missed Betsy last night and today. Hard to believe I won't see her again until mid-August! She seems to be enjoying her programme in Athens, though.

Incidentally, for my birthday (coming up on Friday) someone gave me the equivalent of a gift certificate to buy a kit to put together my own tube amplifier. I've been wanting to take on a project like this for a long time, so I'm really looking forward to creating the sort of pure amp that audiophiles dream about. It's going to require learning a lot of new things, which is part of the point!

-t

1 comment:

Vidya said...

Happy birthday, Father Tay!!!

I really enjoy your blog, keep up the good work. And congratulations on your upcoming addition to your family!