Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm back

I've returned, triumphant, from trips abroad. Betsy and I went down to Mobile and had a grand time with the Zellner clan and friends. The wedding of my friends Francis and Ally went off without a hitch, and they are now truly and wonderfully married. At this moment they are in Costa Rica enjoying a well-deserved honeymoon.

As for Betsy and I, besides enjoying the delights Mobile has to offer (boating, eating raw oysters, etc.), we also got to enjoy the company of an old family friend, Clint Doolittle. He was the organist at my wedding, my mother's wedding, and my sister's wedding (not to mention various Aunts and Uncles). We stayed with him and got to drive around his pickup truck.

We went on a Side Trip to New Orleans' French Quarter to see what that place is about. Much pleasure to be had there, as you can imagine. The city overall, however, is still struggling to get back on its feet.

Anyway, I'll share more as I have the chance, right now I'm pretty busy with church stuff. I have a presentation to give at tonight's PMDC meeting...

-t

No comments: