Wednesday, May 9, 2007

These Days...

Pass like water down the river. I'm thinking of the Hudson River in particular--just as it flows past Holy Cross Monastery. I'm hoping to spend some time there in retreat next month. But these things are always more complicated than they appear. The Hudson "River" is actually a tidal estuary at that point in it's journey from Lake Tear of the Clouds until it empties into the Atlantic Ocean that takes it by Holy Cross. That means that it actually flows in two directions (and sometimes not at all) past there. I've always thought that complexity suited the place well.

I just finished a cover letter going to one of the churches I am applying to for my next call. Very exciting place, actually, though right now I'm not sure that they would describe themselves that way. Like with the river, it's all about perspective. I'm anxious to get at least an interview with them. Freud said that love was all about obstruction. So, I suppose, this delay will only increase my desire...

-t

No comments: