Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Evening Prayer with the Sisters

So, I did make it to the Covent yesterday and had a nice Evening Prayer with the sisters. Of course, it took me more than 45 minutes to get a half-hour service, but prayer is a precious thing that is worth sacrifice. Being there reminded me of just what a treat it is to pray the Office with a community that it does it so richly. After the Office one of the sisters came up and told me that she was glad that I came. Me, too. Now I just have to visit Holy Cross's house more often...

On another note entirely, here's an amusing clip about an aspergance gone wrong...


Via Eva from Gloria.Tv

Otherwise, today was another busy day. Among other things, I'm learning more about residential furnace systems than I ever cared to...
-t

5 comments:

movabletype said...

:)

One of the English clergy blogs had a story a while ago about a curate who was asperging all and sundry enthusiastically with a branch of rosemary. Part of of came off and hit somebody, who gallantly put it in his lapel.

G said...

The Priory isn't as exciting as the Convent, but I've decided that the reason I retain my Associate relationship with OHC, rather than exploring the SSJD, is precisely because they seem like the underdogs of monasticism in the diocese. No sophisticated compound with full-sized chapel and kitchen for the brothers. Apart from your good self, I can't think of any other prominent priests associate, and in general they seem poorly advertised. And I like them all the more for it.

Tay Moss said...

well, that's the difference between having a "Priory House" and full-blown monastery! Still, I have a hard time thinking of them as underdogs!

Don't forget about Michael Burgess (AHC)!
-t

G said...

Is he? I love him! Funniest homilist ever!

Tay Moss said...

Yeah, the big black Associate's Cross is kind of a give-away!
-t