Monday, November 3, 2008

Drapes



Betsy and I finished making our own custom drapes for the dining room. You can read Betsy's take on the project on her blog. The fabric was leftover from when my sister, Lynne, reupholstered the dining room chairs that now live in our dining room--so everything matches nicely. I made a wooden valance and Betsy sewed the fabric. That done, we combined the pieces and screwed in in place. Done!

Today I did some yard work in preparation for winter. I still haven't built a wood cradle, but since the car is acting up I'm postponing the trip to get the lumber. I'm going to go drop the car off at the Suburu dealership when I finish his blog. Since Friday it's been making a knocking sound in time with the rotation of the rear wheels. I'm nervous that this will be an expensive repair.

-t

No comments: