Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More Writing

I'm very excited to say that I've been invited to write an op-ed piece for the Toronto Star Newspaper. The article will appear in the Christmas Eve edition. This is a huge deal and an enormous honor. Consider that this is the most read newspaper in the entire country, with a circulation of about 500,000 in the Greater Toronto area alone. It's by far the largest audience I've ever had for a sermon or article. Huge. Simply huge.

But the article itself will be fairly small: 600 words. So not much chance for a meandering treatise! So far they've asked me to write about why Christmas should matter to Jews, Muslims, etc.

So I'm elated, naturally. But now I have to come up with a really compelling thing to write about! But, hey, if I don't have something to say about Christmas than perhaps I'm in the wrong gig!

-t

No comments: