Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sermon - Christmas Eve 2008

This is my sermon from the Christmas Eve candlelight service at 10pm. I had a strong feeling going into the service that I had a sermon welling up from deep within. So this time I didn't even bother with notes, I simply stood up and preached what was in my heart. So much so that I actually came close to tears at one point. It was a powerful sermon as much for me to give as anyone else to hear.

Perhaps it helped to have such an intimate group of people (it was far from crowded) whom I know so well. Or maybe it was a pastoral visit I had made the day before. Or maybe it was the unfolding of all the pre-Christmas and Christmas stuff. Regardless, it was one of those sermons that makes me feel like I do, in fact, have something to preach about.



Here's a direct link to the MP3 file...

-t

No comments: