Friday, December 7, 2007

Fish House Punch

Here's the Recipe for a Moss Favorite: Fish House Punch. My parents used to make it every year, and now my sisters are making it. I made it back in New Haven at least once. This stuff is delicious but deadly: perfect for out of town guests who are staying over. It reaches peak taste after about a week of sitting in the fridge. This is my Dad's recipe, which I got a copy of from my sister Lynne.

Fish House Punch
12 lemons
1 lb brown sugar
1/2 gallon hot water
1/2 gallon dark rum
1 quart brandy
12 oz peach brandy

Squeeze lemons and put juice and rinds in crock. Boil water and dissolve sugar into water. Add to the lemons and let cool for several hours. Strain. Add rum, brandy, and peach brandy. Dad says to put only part of the peach brandy in and then add more later.


Tis the season!

-t

2 comments:

Alchemist George said...

I thought you might be interested in this discussion of aging fish house punch over on the Chanticleer Society - a bunch of people who are pretty serious about cocktails and mixed drinks.

http://chanticleersociety.org/forums/p/693/4335.aspx#4335

Tay Moss said...

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Yes, the aging of the punch is very important. I find the peak is about a week or two...

-t