Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snowy Sunday

Last night a big snow storm rolled into the GTA. I woke up to see that several inches had accumulated all around our house on Farnham. Nonetheless, I dutifully got ready for the day and did some shoveling after breakfast. It's still coming down.

Walking down the hill to the church was this side of magical. The city is quiet and dark this early on a snowy Sunday morning. It seems just right for Advent 1, though I suspect some of my parishioners will stay home.

The church is quiet, too. I took off my sneakers and put on my slippers (yes, I keep a pair of lambskin slippers in my office). Before people arrive I'll change into some nicer black shoes that I carried with me down the hill.

The church seems cozy to me, just now. The only thing that would make it more perfect is a fireplace.

-t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.