Sunday, July 29, 2007

Cassocks and such

During mass today I thought up some very interesting reflections for this blog, but this is the first moment I've had at my computer since before the 8 o'clock Mass. Now I have just a couple of minutes before I rush off to meet with a Realtor to look at possible "rectories." We saw a great place yesterday that may work well for us. The whole thing makes us feel like kids in a candy store--the sense that whatever we choose is going to make us very happy.

Anyway, I was going to make a note about Cassocks and how great they are. I have two: a lightweight and a heavyweight. Both were gifts from the Order of the Holy Cross (they had a closet full that they used to wear when traveling). They are several decades old, but have held up great. Well made cassocks should never really wear out.

The great thing about cassocks is that they are extremely flexible. They can be warm or cool depending on what you wear under them. And you can have anything on underneath, which means that I can wear what I want to church in the morning and then change into my cassock when I have to do a service. Easy as pie. And they are much more comfortable than pretty much anything else you might attempt to wear.

And black is slimming.

-t

No comments: