Friday, July 13, 2007

Singing

I had a very good singing lesson today with my teacher, Hallie Fishel. My voice was tired, so my accuracy and range weren't what they could be. But one of the things that I love about Hallie's style is that she knows how to detect and respect the body's limits. And even with a tired voice I was noticing how much I've learned in only a year of lessons. Things that were once difficult are now automatic. So we are moving on to different things, such as learning to sing the Exultant from the Easter Vigil service. We are also doing more advanced ear training to ingrain chordal structure. And, of course, we are continuing to expand my range. At this point I've got good control over an octave and a half (maybe two octaves when I'm having a really good day). Beyond that is shaky. Good stuff.

I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night. Pretty good, though I prefer "Goblet of Fire." Betsy and I have listened to everyone of the books on unabridged audio CD's. The next one is on pre-order from Amazon.

9 days until Betsy comes back....

-t

No comments: