Saturday, July 14, 2007

Movie Making

This morning was a Requiem Mass for a departed member of our extended parish family. She was the daughter of a parishioner and died far too young (in her 40's.) This is the third Requiem Mass I've been a part of in as many days. Weird how deaths and themes of death seem to all come in batches. Of course, my spiritual director would probably say that it isn't weird at all, simply a phenomenon to be noticed and pondered. I suppose it shows the interconnectedness of things.

After the memorial reception I spent some time playing with Adobe Premiere. I'm new to the world of video editing, but I expect to post my first attempt a little later today on YouTube. I'll cross-post it here when I can. At the moment my computer is dutifully crunching away at the billions of calculations necessary to convert the file from one format into another more suitable for posting. From this attempt I've learned some things...

1) GIGO: "Garbage In, Garbage Out" Or, you are only as good as your footage. Alas, I suck with a video camera. I need more practice, clearly. it would probably help if I had a better tripod and camcorder, too.

2) Jesus Saves. Yes, I lost my work partway through due to a computer crash.

3) This is where GHz Count. I'm realizing that I'm reaching the limits of what my computer is really capable of doing. It's still faster than most people's machines, but it's not really quite powerful enough to be a good video editing workstation.

Anyway, I should have something ready to post in a few minutes.

8 Days until Betsy returns. I don't like being a bachelor, I'm remembering.

-t

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Tay
I enjoyed your movie making efforts. Very good!