Friday, July 20, 2007

weird day

Today was an odd day--lots of ups and downs for some reason. Started off on a great note. I had an inspirational meeting with a committee I'm working with. But by mid-morning I was feeling kind of ill. Not sick enough to go home, but definitely a little off. The rest of the day was similar, good news, and then something jarring, and then good news again.

An example of uplifting news: Brin, our Administrative Assistant (and the Church Seamstress), finished a private commission I hired her to do. She created a new burse and veil to match an existing chasuble and stole that my mother commissioned for my ordinations. She did a fabulous, fabulous job. She really did her homework not only to match the fabrics but to develop and learn new techniques to work with them. The result is a completely hand-stitched masterpiece that I am very much looking forward to using at our next green Mass. I would put up some pictures but Betsy still has our camera.

She comes Sunday PM....

More tomorrow.
-t

No comments: