Sunday, March 16, 2008

Saturday

Sorry for no blog yesterday--I was at an all-day event with Betsy at the University of Toronto. It was kind of neat to be surrounded by academics for a while. I love the atmosphere of ideas and study that universities provide. I must admit, though, it's hard not to get materialistic about knowledge. I mean, to really crave reading and studying more. So many books to read!

Speaking of reading, I've been working my way through the "Mission-Shaped Church" Report. On the one hand a lot of it seems obvious to me by now, but then I realize that many of these ideas are completely new and radical to parishes in Canada and the U.S. I'm reminded at such moments that shifting the whole parish's orientation in this way is going to be very difficult (and stressful).

-t

No comments: