Saturday, June 14, 2008

Memories of Pizza

Friday was a busy day. Lots of little projects to handle--many of them confidential enough that i can't say much here. By the end of the day I was emotionally drained, but managed to gather enough energy to go out. Betsy and I went to a CD release concert at the church. It was a very successful concert, and the performer, Heather Taves, certainly put the piano through its paces. It worked pretty well, although there were a couple of minor technical issues that need to be addressed. The soft pedal and the sustain pedal were creating some problems--but it didn't interfere with the concert much.

After the concert, we went to a friend's birthday party. Once there, I met a woman currently in Kansas who got her masters degree at Yale. It was fun to talk about New Haven and Kansas and such places that I used to call home. I miss New Haven sometimes. It was a good size and had a lot going on. I still miss the excellent pizza. (New Haven claims to have invented the Pizza as we know it in North America.)

You haven't lived until you've had a New Haven mash potato and bacon pizza.

-t

No comments: