Tuesday, June 17, 2008

SMM: The Best Church Choir in Canada...


BTW, I keep forgetting to post my congratulations to the St. Mary Magdalene's Gallery Choir for winning the CBC National Choir Competition in the category of "Church or Temple Choir." I'm very proud of them and can't help but be amused that St. Thomas's came in second, despite the fact that they pay many of their members, etc. What's a little friendly competition between high-church parishes?

When Stephanie Martin told me about it she had a real spark in her eye. Then she stuck her fist out for a "pound." Lol. I've always had a great connection with her and Bruce.

-t

2 comments:

Felicity Pickup said...

Great news! The Gallery Choir always was the best! Would have loved to try out for it but always had to go home for major festivals; so coudn't even try out.

Choir competitions are great humblers. I remember the time that the choir of St James the Impossible in Mtl got beat out (came third) by a Baptist "gospel" type choir on a Tudor anthem. We thought we "owned" the Tudor anthem; but even with paid solists we were weak in the tenor section, and, very stuffy.

G said...

God I love those two. Bruce is my high-church partner-in-crime.