Saturday, February 28, 2009

Random notes from a Saturday

Not much to say, really. Friday was busy, and somewhat challenging. In particular, I had a challenging pastoral care case that took some delicate care on my part. But I think I managed it fine. Wish I could say more, but can't, unfortunately. Suffice it to say that I learned some lessons and had some old one's confirmed in their wisdom.

Friday night Betsy and I went to a lecture at the U. of T. about Tibetan Buddhism. The lecturer, Jeffrey Hopkins, is well known in his field. He was also the Dalai Lama's chief interepreter into English for many years. It was an interesting lecture, but as technical and detailed as I might have liked.

Today I had our new healing prayer service. Just two of us, but that's fine for a start. Monday I'll have a banner to put outside that may attract a few folks--we'll see!

-t

1 comment:

Felicity Pickup said...

And consider mentioning it twice on the COTM website, the second under "Upcoming Events."