Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another Theft

A very difficult day means a short post from me as I'm behind the ball on many things and struggling to catch up.

This morning Betsy's laptop and cell-phone were stolen from her office at school. The office was locked while Betsy was away, but the thief managed to force the door open and steal her stuff. It was in the morning with lots of people around, but the corridor leading to her office is out of the way.

The loss of the hardware was not insubstantial, but the worst part is the loss of the data--naturally. Betsy's life and work is in that computer, including her research, our address book, her e-mail, all her photos, etc. She did make a back up some weeks ago, but we don't know much is there, yet.

The police came but didn't find any fingerprints.

I came and gave her some comfort and dropped her off at home. Came back to church and got hard to work with many tasks.

Life is difficult.

-t

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tay & Betsy - I'll do my reply to you Tay as Vel phoned me last night with this news!! What a tragedy! I just feel for you both - Betsy the frustration with the actual loss of her material, you with the frustration that there's not a whole lot you can do about it except love her and not let whatever anger she may have over the situation just slide off like teflon - it's not about you. We had a house full of Wycliffe missionaries last night when Velma phoned (their annual general board meetings or something - I just cook and make beds & food) so we stopped in mid supper to pray for you both. We'd all prefer life to be without these set backs - but that's not reality. Keep us posted (although now that I found your web page I guess I can check it for myself). Love Elsie (and Michael)

Tay Moss said...

Thanks. Yeah, it's upsetting. Today we had to cancel all our credit cards and other accounts and thus are thrust into even more chaos. But I'm hopeful that things will sort out soon...
-t

Felicity Pickup said...

Oh dear! Quel FRUSTRATION!!! How has the recovery of data worked out?