Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kona Coffee Parade Video

Here's a video of a parade in Kona, Hawai'i, where my dad lives. He grows Kona Coffee and is very involved with some of the local farmers to promote the interests of the best coffee on earth. That's him driving a jeep he restored around the 2:45 mark in this video. The float he is pulling won first prize ($500) in their division.



I have some pretty deep family roots out there. My Great-Grandfather settled there back in the day and raised a family. Hawai'i is a very special and unique place that I'm privileged to be able to visit sometimes. I highly recommend it. If you are looking for a place to stay, consider my dad's guest cottage. Yes, he and his wife have a hard life out there. Sigh.

-t

3 comments:

G said...

Well, you know what happens when YDS grads go to Hawaii.

Tay Moss said...

Wow--that's an interesting connection. Actually, the Story of Christianity on the Island is pretty enouraging. There is even a charming little Episcopal Church near my dad's place.
-t

G said...

I understand that the once autonomous Hawaii Reformed Catholic Church was ultimately swallowed up by the missionaries of PECUSA.