Tuesday, November 6, 2007

James

Here is our new kitten, James. He's adorable. Denise is not completely happy about our adoption, but she's getting used to it. The thing that amazes me about James is that he has only had a body for something like four months, so he's still really awkward about jumping and running and stuff, which is very cute to watch.

Trad-Com (Traditional Communion) service this morning. That went well, though following the BCP to the letter still irks me a little. I'm looking forward to making a few changes in the future that will be a reasonable compromise between the BCP Communion liturgy and the current liturgical theology of the Christian Church. We'll see....

Had lunch at the U of T Faculty Club with George Sumner, Principal of Wycliffe College. Very enjoyable. He did his Ph.D. at Yale and his daughter is an undergrad there, so we swapped a lot of stories about old blue. We ended up sharing quite a bit about our preaching styles, which was interesting. We also discussed the future of Messiah, etc. There is a historic connection between our two institutions, and so perhaps there are possible collaborations in the future, we'll see.

Productive staff meeting this afternoon. Lots of exciting initiatives in the works. I'm aware that in about 6 months from now our staff meetings will be less about the mechanics of what and when and more about the dynamics of who and why. It was interesting that this occurred to me very strongly during the staff meeting. I mean, what we are doing now is the right thing for this moment, but it's how we will do our jobs in the future--nice to realize that.

-t

2 comments:

Felicity Pickup said...

"kitten, James. He's adorable." Awww, cute!! Great photo; getting a kitten pose like that.

"... following the BCP to the letter"
To the letter!? If you mean BCP 1959 (Canada)I'd be surprised, based on my recollections, to hear that anyone ever followed it to the letter, even when it was new and we thought language oh so contemporary.

Tay Moss said...

See, I don't get that. I've had people criticize me for not following the rubrics exactly, and then others tell me that no one does anyway! It seems there are two different opinions out there...

-t