Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Bishop's Comany Dinner

Last night Betsy, myself, and a group of parishioners from COTM went to the Bishop's Company Dinner. It's a yearly fund raising event that provides for some causes having to do with clergy support. It's also a chance to schmooze with various players in the Diocese. I'm an extrovert, so this kind of thing is right up my alley. I made several new contacts of people I'd like to get to know better. I also got to make some introductions between people I think should know each other. And, of course, I got to check in with friends and acquaintances whom I don't normally see except for events like this one.

Incidentally, one of the things that came up was a priest-friend of mine (Jason V.) suggested bringing "Fr. Matthew" (the You Tube phenom) up to Toronto to give some kind of talk about evangelism. We'll have to scrape together some money for a ticket and honorarium, but I think we manage that between our two churches and maybe another.

If you don't know who "Father Matthew" is, check out his work:

-t

No comments: