Monday, May 5, 2008

Gardening

Today I slept in--then took one of cats, James, to the Vet with Betsy for his "operation." Did you know that when you adopt cat from the city pound they actually require you to sign something that says you promise to have the animal spayed for neutered. Still, I feel a little bad about taking my boy for this surgery. Can anyone say, "Transference?" Anyway, he'll be there overnight for blood work and fasting and then have his surgery tomorrow and stay the night. We'll pick him up on Wednesday. I feel bad for the little guy, but I think he'll be in good hands.

On the way home Betsy and I drove by some properties that we are thinking about. We don't know if we'll be able to stay here on Farnham past this summer--so we are exploring our escape options.

Once home we set to work on the yard. While Denise was given the special dispensation to explore the backyard, Betsy and I se to work on various projects for a few hours. I'm finally starting to see some sprouts from the grass seed I put down a few weeks ago, and that's a relief. I found myself wishing I had my dad's Rototiller.

Now we are getting ready for supper. Denise, tired from her adventures, is curling up next to betsy on the couch.

-t

No comments: