Friday, May 2, 2008

The Buffalo Builders at COTM

Last week a local band, The Buffalo Builders, did some recording for a new album at COTM. They appreciated the space for the acoustics as well as the spirituality of it. Several members of the band are PK's ("Preacher's Kid") and I'm told that the space really worked them on many levels. They made this You Tube video during the experience...



BTW, the book that Holly holds up to the camera in the first few seconds is my copy of the St. Augustine's Prayer Book that I keep in the prie-dieu where I say the Offices. It makes me smile to know that she found this ultra-high church devotional book compelling! Loren Gavitt, the editor of the SAPB, was once on staff at St. Mary Magdalene's (where I was the Associate Priest)--so it's a neat connection in the it's-not-such-a-small-church-after-all kind of way.

It was our pleasure to offer them to space to be creative. I love being able to serve the community like that. I'm also anxious to hear what they recorded!

-t

1 comment:

G said...

I really want a SAPB!