Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hiring

We hired our new Director of Children's and Youth Ministry today. I don't think I should say who it is until she has actually signed the contract, etc., but it's basically a done deal. I'm very excited about her; I think she'll be great for us. If everything works out, she should start on June 1st.

Funny to say, but I don't think I've ever actually made the phone call to tell someone they've gotten the job. I mean, I've been a part of the hiring process before, but usually it's one on the Wardens that actually gets to make the phone call. I enjoyed it, I must say. I know, technically it's the Wardens who hire and fire, but this was one of those cases where it was just easier for me to make that call once the decision had been made. It's a nice feeling.

-t

No comments: