Friday, October 17, 2008

CCC Update

A busy day--and not over. Before heading to work I did some house cleaning. Then we had a meeting of the CCC (Christ-Centred Character) Initiative. I have talked about that much lately, but our continues to develop an Anglican-Christian response to the Character Development Movement that has taken hold in the secular and Catholic school boards. Today we created a first draft of a grant application. We also ate doughnuts and spoke of our goals for the next year. One of the interesting things we want to create is a library (a real library, not just virtual) of Christian Education resources. Right now a lot of folks just head into the Anglican Book Centre and look at what's for sale. A much better approach is to have a Diocesan library where people can go and check stuff out and even talk to a live librarian. So far as I know, Toronto doesn't have one of those (yet).

After the meeting I attended to various phone calls and e-mails and paperwork. Then, gasp I cleaned off my desk. Most of the stuff on it simply needed to be either tossed or filed. The results (a desk mostly free of clutter) is extremely satisfying. How long will it last?!

I'm missing Betsy. Weird how different life at home is without her. It's kind of boring! She comes back Sunday afternoon...

-t

2 comments:

Felicity Pickup said...

A "real" library with a live librarian!? Aha! You a technophobe? Maybe even a crypto-luddite.

Tay Moss said...

I know--I know. I seem to like the technological solutions to problems--but sometimes you just to put your hands on actual book, you know?
-t