Wednesday, October 22, 2008

RIP William Sibley, OHC


Br. William, OHC
Originally uploaded by Randy OHC

I mentioned the deaths at the Order of the Holy Cross. The latest is Br. William Sibley, who died in the hospital last week. I knew William, though not well. Bede has a really lovely post about his experience of the passing.
Then, when our vigil was over, we closed the casket and had a very simple Requiem Eucharist and expressed our faith and received communion together with the casket in our midst. After the mass was ended, the casket was taken to the door and put into the hearse and then we had a small ceremony that the funeral director has provided for us for many years in which the hearse drives away up our driveway very, very slowly, and I thought of all the years and all the times that I have watched that car go up the drive and disappear around that last curve... (source)


-t

1 comment:

C. Elsworth said...

I just heard about William's death, and am very sad to hear. He was so kind to me.