Monday, October 15, 2007

Back

I'm back. The funerals went well. Very Episcopalian in style: elegant but simple--in very good taste. Lots of people there to remember my Aunt. Good things were said, and I could observe a noticeable shift in the feeling before and after the services that indicated, to me, that they did their jobs.

Drove back after the reception. It took about eight and a half hours. It seemed even shorter than the drive down, probably because I was by myself and could get lost in my own thoughts. Long drives like this are great for the imagination. Arrived home around 12:45 AM Sunday morning.

Slept restlessly. Church was fine. Attendance a bit low because many downtown streets were blocked for the marathon. lots of projects waiting for my attention. After the service we went to a nearby parish, St. Augustine's, to look at their chairs and the arrangement of the sanctuary furniture. the chairs are very nice. Exactly what we are looking for. More on that later.

Came home, met up with Betsy. Ate a snack, then hung out with one of our Yale friends in town for the Byzantine Studies Conference. Went to bed early.

This morning woke up and started watching DVR'd football, etc. Reheated thanksgiving leftovers and made gravy from scratch (using chicken stock) and steamed veggies for Betsy and Anna. Hard to go wrong with gravy.

Traditional Communion tomorrow. Lots of other things to tend to....

-t

No comments: