Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Productive Day

Well today was certainly productive. Some nice surprises, too. For instance, I had a meeting with someone who felt moved to pray for me when we were finished. I was moved by this--it's not that often that people ask to pray for me when I'm in my priestly mode.

Also, Betsy and I traded in our 2-year old cell phones for new models. Our old ones had just about bitten the dust, and she was concerned about having a working phone for the upcoming BSC Conference (which she is helping to plan and run). Cell phones are a really handy tool when you are on-site trying to coordinate something like that. We ended up choosing two different models--I went with a Razor V3T and she chose a Sony Ericsson W810i. I like mine because it's thin and lightweight. She likes hers because it's got robust MP3 functionality (she's been wanting an MP3 player for a while). Anyway, that's all worked out.

More progress on the piano front. We have an appointment next week to talk to another piano store. Now that we have one donation in hand, we are pretty certain this is going to happen. It may be that we have to solicit another donation to get a piano that suits our needs, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm feeling great right now. Things are just peachy. I love that I can really see some nice vistas opening up for the future of COTM and for my role in that future. I can't wait to come back to work tomorrow, right now, however, I need to go meet Betsy...

-t

No comments: