Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Eucharists

"TradCom" (Traditional Communion) service this morning. Got even closer to the BCP rubrics than last time. Everyone seemed to like it just fine, though it was hard to sing well with only 10 people. Interesting to note today how totally different I feel presiding at this liturgy than the modern ones--stiffer and more formal for sure, but also quieter in body. That is, less squirmy. Less water more earth. More blue and less red.

I'm totally psyched about doing the contemplative eucharist tomorrow morning. I have my rug, so we can sit of the floor and do it up right. I'm planning to use incense (Holy Cross brand, of course), and my bell. For an altar I'll use a large tile I bought at Home Depot. It's going to be great.

Some people thought that just because I wasn't at an Anglo Catholic parish I wouldn't have weekday services to do. Yeah.... right....

Got to go home, now. Almost time for dinner....

-t

No comments: