Monday, October 1, 2007

Home-Improvement Monday

Spent my day off in the usual domestic frenzy. That included trips to Home Depot, Ikea, and even Costco. These were pretty small trips, but covered a wide number of projects, some personal and some for the church. For instance, at Home Depot I bought a leaf blower (tis the season), some replacement sockets for the recessed halogen lights in our kitchen, and a 12"X12" tile to use as an altar stone at the church (that's a long story that will probably get some coverage on Wednesday's blog).

After I returned home I fixed the two broken sockets, installed a throw bolt in the guest bathroom, an indoor/outdoor thermometer for our dressing room (tis the season), replaced the burned out light in our bathroom, did a load of laundry, and put out the recycling.

While I was at it, I also fixed supper for Betsy and Anna, fed the cat, and visited with Andrew F.--one of the priests at Redeemer (and also a neighbor on Farnham). Andrew was walking by our house just as I arrived home and so I invited him in for a beer. It was nice to spend a little time with him. We need to reconnect with some of our Toronto friends. Now that we have a proper place to entertain we need to start throwing regular parties.

It's going to be a big week at COTM. Hopefully I can make some progress on getting a piano and developing a website, etc., etc. There is so much to do and look at, it's not even funny. where to begin? The liturgy, the children's ministry, the music, the preaching, the administrative structure? Sigh. Talk about balls in the air!

-t

No comments: