Sunday, October 7, 2007

RIP Aunt Dee

We heard last night that my Aunt-Dee Johnson--passed away surrounded by her family. She had been diagnosed with cancer 7 weeks before and declined rapidly. It's disturbing how fast things can change. Life is uncertain.

I'm probably going to drive to Stowe, Vermont, for two of the funerals. She was well loved in the church and community, so we are having three worship services: two in Stowe and one in Madison, NJ, where she and my Uncle lived for many years.

My mom is with us this weekend and was planning to fly back on Tuesday, but now she may just ride with me to Stowe and get a ride from there back to NJ (where she lives). We are still figuring out the details, obviously.

Since the Stowe funeral is on Saturday, I may have to find a priest to cover for me this Sunday. I'm planning to ask Merv (the interim at COTM before I arrived). He may have another commitment, however. So I'll see what happens.

I'm sad about Aunt Dee--someone said, "She was everyone's mother." Indeed, she did overflow motherly care. She loved to cook and take care of people. I'll miss her.

-t

No comments: