Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Busy Weekend

This weekend has been surprisingly busy. Friday night was a going-away party for a friend of Betsy and me. It was a party full of academics, so you can imagine what that's like! Saturday was brunch and then a much-needed nap and then a wedding of a friend. Because it was a priest getting married (and to an atheist--go figure) there were lots of clergy there. It reminded me of the Diocesan events I go to all the time, except Betsy was there and looking ravishing in her black evening gown. It's always fun to get dressed up and go out for events like this. We got home late for the second night in a row.

This morning we took all the normal volunteer jobs away from the volunteers to have a "Sabbath Sunday." I preached about sabbath and retreat and the link to God's callings. People seem to be really happy and feeling good. The new family that came last week was back again and are talking about baptism dates. I'm pushing for Easter, naturally! Things are humming along well.

I'm tired, now, but have to a friend's Priestly ordination this PM. My favourite part of these liturgies is when all the priests gather around the candidate and put our hands on his or her head to confer the Apostolic ju-ju. I remember when I was on my knees receiving that blessing and be aware of how much heat and pressure and prayer were around me in that moment. Good stuff.

-t

No comments: