Wednesday, January 28, 2009

long-day, short-post

Long-day equals short post. I started it with some shovelling (heavy snow falling all day up here in Toronto). Then I had a very nice Contemplative Eucharist with the regulars for that service. I got started on my Column for the March Anglican (having spent much of yesterday writing down dead-ends), but was interrupted by a deanery meeting. The bishop was there, but honestly it was hard to focus with lots to do back at COTM. One of the more interesting things I learned was from a Postulant looking to start a moms' fellowship group in a church northwest of here: apparently there is a mom's group in my area so popular in has a waiting list. My informant was confident that another group formed at COTM would grow quickly. The issue, she told me, is making sure there are strong connections between the church and the group. That means putting discipleship as a core value from early on. Otherwise it might as well be at the YMCA for all the parent's care. Good to know!

Anyway, got the column done. I'm pleased with the results, I'll post it here when it gets published. Now I'm going to rush off to the gym to get a workout in before supper.

-t

No comments: