Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January Column for The Anglican

The January edition of The Anglican came out this week. I was particularly pleased with how my column came out this time. SMM folks may remember the anecdote I use from a sermon I gave on Christmas Eve 2006. I remember that John Ralston Saul complimented me on that sermon--and he did not give such compliments lightly!

Anyway, here is the article. My writing is improving with practice--and blogging helps. I think the addition of the illustration was nice, too.


Although I didn't get a by-line, I also wrote the first draft of what became the article on the bottom left of page 12 ("Ghanian bishop seeks support"). I thought it was important that the bishop should get a press release into the Anglican.

Now I have to write another Column due today--but I have the idea-germ in my head so that will be fine. Where I start to get freaked out is when I have no idea what I'm going to write about!

-t

1 comment:

G said...

I always hope that I will bump into their erstwhile excellencies at SMM but I guess they don't "do" Marian feasts.