Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Insomnia

Shingles is a neurological disease, which means it can really mess with you. There is a whole list of typical psychological symptoms that can go along with this thing. Very nasty. One minute I'm exhausted and want a nap, the next I'm up all night unable to sleep a wink. Of course, the whole sleeping project is complicated by the fact that the skin near my right elbow sometimes feels like it's being eaten from the inside-out. You can actually feel the blisters blooming. I haven't slept at all tonight. I must show up to SMM in about an hour to say Mass, then I can potentially take the rest of the day off. Hopefully by then my body will feel like sleeping again. Sigh. So much for the list of things I wanted to get done before leaving SMM.

Ok. I'm firmly resolved to complain less about these shingles.

One of the COTM wardens is in Mexico City. I told him he must visit my favorite restaurant there--La Hosteria de Santo Domingo. Their Mole Poblano is to die for.

-t

2 comments:

Jo said...

Hi friend!

So I found your blog, and have read back a few pages... You'll definitely see Michigan, and then New York, ISPs popping up on your lists from now on!

Thinking of you and Betsy with so much love.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just read your blog, too! I find that it's pretty easy to keep these up to date once you get into the habit!
-t