Tuesday, August 7, 2007

knots and such

Kind of quiet day off for Betsy and me. We spent much of it walking around Toronto for no good reason except exercise and something to do. We finished the evening with a trip to the Art Gallery of Ontario for showing of a masterpiece of Russian cinema: Andreiv Rublev by Andrei Turkovsky. This version was about
3 1/2 hours long
! That's a long time to spend in 15th Century Russia!

I've been getting some nice compliments about that Capital Campaign flyer I've been working on. I still have some small tweaks to make, but it's close to done. The Pax Christi Chorale website is very close to being ready, also. I'll probably go live with it whether or not it's completely finished tomorrow or the next day.

Don't ask me why, but lately I've been reviewing/learning rope knots. I already knew all the basic Boy-Scout level type stuff, but I've added some new ones--The Trucker's Hitch, for example, which is very handy. Check out Grog's website if you are into such things. I'm particularly pleased with the Chain Sennet and the Alpine Butterfly. Basic knots that I never bothered to memorize. Anyway, it's been fun to play with these.

-t

No comments: