Sunday, July 6, 2008

Birthday Aftermath

The birthday dinner was great. The lobster, which I got from that fish place in Scrivener Square, was unusually tender and succulent for an inland find. But I suspect this store turns them over frequently enough. I went to the LCBO next door with a gift card someone gave me that was quickly converted into bubbly. Champagne, I find, is great with nearly anything, but especially with lobster or pizza. Our neighbors brought over some dessert, not even knowing it was my birthday, so that was perfect.

The next day I worked some and then took Betsy to the airport to go to Belfast. I have word that she arrived safe and sound. We plan to talk with Skype while she's away.

I pooled together some of the gift money given me for my birthday to buy a Playstation 3. Needless to say, since Betsy's been gone I've been spending many hours driving around the streets of Liberty City. The world of Grand Theft Auto IV is incredibly elaborate--besides being able to drive around, of course, you can also take a Taxi or even use the city subway! Although I've playing for hours, I've barely explored beyond the game's version of Brooklyn. The storyline is interesting and the character well-written--no wonder this game has gotten record-breaking reviews.

No wonder that my sermon for today was about the importance of play in the spiritual life. I think most North American adults probably play too little.

-t

No comments: