Friday, July 18, 2008

Ear Licking

Denise, my cat, has been especially affectionate with me since Betsy has been gone. Early this morning (circa 6 A.M.) she kept poking me in the head with her paw to wake up and pet her. This I did, but I'd quickly drift off to sleep again. But her tongue in my ear sure got my attention. Rest assured, having my cat's tongue in my ear feels as weird as it sounds.

Luckily, we've got some friends coming to house-sit while we're in Turkey to keep the cats company. I hate to think what they might do in desperation without some human contact.

The house is now back in order. I know Betsy was only gone for about two-weeks, but that's plenty of time for stuff to get messy. Not dirty, really, but just messy. There were a lot of things that needed to be put away or straightened up.

Today much running around and doing last minute errands....
-t

No comments: