Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Burning Fuse

Sorry I haven't been blogging like normal. Friday was crazy busy and Saturday was a loss because the power was out all day at the church (Hydro was replacing a pole that someone ran into many months ago).

The fuse is burning on the house project. I'm hoping to hit at least three open houses today. I'm hoping to drag along a couple I know that are smarter than me for advice and support. Hard doing this without the wife! I know--it's not worth it to get too stressed out, but a certain amount of anxiety is useful for getting stuff done!

Watched "2001: A Space Odyssey" for the umpteenth time last night. What a visionary film. An film that isn't ridiculed for beginning with the caption "The Dawn of Man" is worth watching, IMHO. Kubrick is definitely one of my favorite directors of all time. Right up there with Fellini and Francis Ford Coppola. Kubrick could do so much without words because he trusted the camera and the audience in a way that most directors/producers can't these days.

A fine day at church. Attendance still summer-soft. It will probably get worse when I'm away. But I felt very good about my sermon and good about a few one-on-one contacts I made after the service. It's nice to be able to give.

-t

No comments: