Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Life Without the Wife

We had a long but great staff meeting today. I'm really happy having Kerrie on board--she fits the team perfectly. We spent about three hours hashing through all kinds of projects. One of the things that made me really happy was the large amount of time spent on strategic initiatives--for instance, we are already talking about a meeting we will have in September to plan the year's calendar. The result of a more strategic view is much more room for creativity and exploration. I'm loving it. Things are flowing nicely! I would be interested to read a study about how time is spent in staff meetings. Intuitively, I would think about third of the time should be spent talking about the past, a third on the future, and a third on the present.

Betsy is getting along fine in Belfast. We have been talking on Skype and it works well for us. I even get to see a video feed from the camera on her laptop. She is still getting used to the time difference.

I've logged about 20 hours on Grand Theft Auto--which has gotten me about 25% through the game. I have to say that it gets more entertaining as it goes along and one learns the fundamental skills of the game (driving and shooting, mostly). The missions become more challenging and more interesting.

I'm also still mind-boggled at the amount of detail in the game. For instance, I took a character to a comedy club to earn their friendship, and Ricky Gervais did a stand up routine. Yes, the real voice and routine of Ricky Gervais. How's that for random?

Otherwise, I'm surviving Betsy's absence okay. I do miss her, though. I keep thinking I'm going to see her at the end of the day...

-t

No comments: